The Friends of the Newport News Public Library is a nonprofit, volunteer organization. The organization was incorporated in 1981 to foster closer relations between the Newport News Public Library and the citizens of the City. The primary purpose of the Friends is to promote knowledge of the services, resources, and needs of the library and to assist in the development and provision of adequate services and facilities in Newport News.
What the Friends Have Done
To date, the Friends have:
- Purchased personal computers for public use and outfitted computer labs
- Sponsored programs and speakers
- Awarded scholarships to Newport News Public Library employees
- Underwritten the Summer Reading Program
This year, the Friends will be:
- Providing funds for programs
- Buying books and other materials
- Supporting the Summer Reading Challenge
- Holding book sales and other fundraisers to meet specific needs
Become a Member
Your support is needed as a volunteer, a contributor, and a supporter of library services! Please Email the Friends if you have any questions.
Check back soon for upcoming sale information
Grissom Book Store Hours:
Wednesdays and Fridays, 10:30 am to 12:30 pm.
Cash or Checks Only, Please