Free Wi-Fi Hotspots
As part of our ongoing efforts to offer our community opportunities to get and stay connected, NNPL patrons can now check out a Wi-Fi Hotspot device with their all-access membership. This service is free and available to all adult members (18+) whose accounts are in good standing.Hotspots are subject to availability, limited to one per household at a time, and can be requested for checkout by calling or visiting your branch or visiting our online catalog to place a hold. Please see below for important details about checking out a Wi-Fi Hotspot.
- Lending: 18+ with an Adult NNPL All-Access Membership in good standing
- Loan Period: 14 days (no renewals)
- Limit: 1 per household
- Replacement Cost: $100
- Service: Service is discontinued on overdue devices
- Fines: After a 7-day grace period, fines are assessed at $0.15 per day with a maximum charge of $5.00. If the Wi-Fi Hotspot is not returned within thirty (30) days after the due date, your account will be blocked and a replacement fee of $100.00 will be added to your account. If you return the hotspot and all parts/accessories, you will only be charged overdue fines.
- Returns: Wi-Fi Hotspots must be returned in-person to library staff at any NNPL branch. Should NNPL be closed to the public for any reason (COVID-19 pandemic, etc.), hotspots may be returned via curbside service. Do not place in a book drop.
Please note: these devices have telephone numbers and can receive telemarketing messages or spam like any other device. The Library will not communicate to patrons via these devices.